Flavour of the day: Pomegranate. I made tahini, lemon and pomegranate pasta for dinner becauseI found lemon stripey pasta bows in the supermarket, it was a great moment, and couldn’t wait to try it. I loved how sweet and crunchy the pomegranate was in this dish, a great contrast to the creamy sauce and punchy coriander.
There are very few things in life that I love more than Nutella, if could eat a jar a day with a spoon (preferably for breakfast) and not get fat then I most definitely would. I will begin this practice once I get married and he is trapped. I have however invented something that does the job and fulfills that Nutella need every morning (well I don’t have it EVERY morning but most of them). These oats literally get me out of bed, given that I have to be up at 6am that is no mean feat. They also come in at about 350 calories, fabulous and filling!
Ingredients: (For one portion)
- 45g of porridge oats
- 60ml of hazelnut milk
- 60g of low fat Greek yogurt (I make my own using Easiyo sachets)
- 3/4 tsp of sweetener (I use Stevia), more or less to taste.
- 1/4 tsp of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of cocoa nibs
- 15g of hazelnut butter
- 1 tsp of dessicated coconut (to top the oats)
These oats are so easy to make, I often make them up in batches of 4 or 5 and keep them in the fridge for the week ahead.
- Put all the ingredients except the dessicated coconut into the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Put the mixture into a small Tuppaware box, jar or bowl (heart shape optional) and top with dessicated coconut (cover bowl with cling film).
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Enjoy for breakfast!