I stumbled across this lovely recipe and blog via Pinterest and loved the idea of a decadent rhubarb breakfast, so seasonal and delicious. The cream cheese was a very welcome and tasty addition to the whole thing. I’m sad that it wasn’t a photogenic tart, it was pouring with rain that morning and there was no natural light. The photo doesn’t do it justice but it really was lovely, especially drizzled with honey.
Ingredients: (6-8 slices)
- 175 g of cream cheese, softened/at room temperature
- 0.25 cup of stevia or sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 portions of paleo pastry
- 1 egg, beaten, to glaze
- 4 – 6 stalks of rhubarb
- Honey, to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and place some baking paper on a work surface, ready to roll the pastry out onto.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, stevia/sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract together.
- Roll the pastry out on the baking paper into a large rectangle.
- Glaze the pastry sheet all over and then spread the cream cheese mixture onto it, leaving an inch around the edges clear.
- Trim the rhubarb stalks to the length of the cream cheese and place them onto the pastry sheet.
- Lift the baking paper, with the tart on, onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey, slice and serve!