This weekend I have been sick with a horrible cold/sore throat/sinus related barrel of fun. Confined to my bed I found myself wanting a treat, eating dairy when unwell isn’t overly advisable though and I wanted something a little more nutritious to help me on my road to recovery. I knocked this up for James and I (we both had the dreaded lurgy, our place has not been a healthy place this week, let’s leave it at that) and it hit the spot; before I promptly fell back into a semi-sleep state coupled with a head feeling like it was full of lead, downing cups of lemsip rotated with hot lemon, honey and ginger.
This definitely cheered me up, even if I still felt pretty terrible.
Ingredients: (Makes ~ 2 large milkshakes)
- 2 large/4 small bananas (if you’re planning ahead, place them in the freezer for a couple of hours to get that ice cream milkshake feel)
- 1 tbsp of date syrup
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp of hazelnut butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- ~600 ml of almond milk (or hazelnut milk or any milk of your choice), add enough to get the consistency that you want
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy. It tastes creamy and dessert like but it jam packed with goodness!