This is traditionally a Thai dessert (made with palm sugar, instead of honey), it may not sound like much but my oh my it is divine. It is so tasty, comforting and also pretty damn good for you! It is almost too good to be true. Imagine bananas in custard, well, this is better. There are days that just need dessert but one can’t have indulgent desserts all the time and this 100% hits the spot. A creamy, delicious, sweet, satisfying dessert that is good for you, say what?! THIS IS IT, IT IS HERE! Can I hear a hallelujah?
Anyway, it looks kinda nonplus and you might be wondering if I’ve lost the plot but seriously, just go make it and judge me once you’re eating a warming bowl of bananas in coconut milk, ok?
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 large or 3 small bananas, chopped into chunks
- 1 tin of coconut milk (light or full fat, it is up to you, it good fat!)
- 2 tbsp of honey
- A pinch of salt
- 0.5 tsp of vanilla bean paste/extract
- Place the coconut milk, honey, salt and vanilla into a sauce pan and bring to the boil.
- Place the bananas into the coconut milk and simmer for ten minutes.
- Serve and bliss out.