When I spotted this recipe on Deliciously Ella, it was a must make; all the flavours were favourites of mine. I’d like to try different spices in it; I like cumin but I imagine there are many other flavours that would work too, ginger and chilli for example. It is bright green too, which I love as anything that green must be fantastically good for you.
Ingredients: (Makes 3-4 servings)
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into small chunks
- A bag of spinach (~200 g)
- 1 tin of cannellini beans (400 g tin), drained
- A handful of coriander
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp of cumin
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 600ml of water
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the garlic, cumin, salt & pepper to the pan over a medium heat and once hot, add the broccoli.
- Once the broccoli is tender, add the spinach.
- Once the spinach has wilted, remove the pan from the heat.
- Place the broccoli & spinach into a blender with the coriander, cannellini beans, lemon juice and water. Blitz until smooth.
- Reheat the soup in a saucepan and then serve.