I’m a tea girl about 99% of the time but when I need a pick me up or a treat, it is often a coffee that I need. I am a coffee snob though, I say this knowing very little about coffee but it can’t be instant. My favourite coffee ever comes from the Micro Roastery in Canterbury, followed very closely but Love Walk Cafe, Camberwell. Whilst Micro Roastery sell their coffee ground or whole bean and I often buy a bag when I am passing, I don’t pass all that much. I’d seen Pact coffee on my radar via Facebook and friends, when my running app sent me a voucher for a £1 bag for my good work (awesome right?!) I jumped at the chance. I was pretty impressed with the coffee I received (Planalto) and their attention to detail, definitely a treat worth indulging in.
I can’t remember via whom (I wish I could!) but last week I stumbled on Apples Under My Bed blog, and instantly fell in love with the idea of coffee infused honey, especially to use on porridge. I made almond milk banana porridge and topped it with pumpkin seeds and coffee infused honey, completely inspired by Heidi’s recipe.
- ~ 1/3 cup of honey, preferably from your local bee keeper
- 1 tbsp of ground coffee beans
- In a pan gently heat the honey.
- Stir in the coffee and allow to it to steep, stirring occasionally over a low-medium heat.
- Use immediately or store in an air tight jar, heating gently before use.