I was stuck for lunch ideas again the past weekend and James suggested using my lunch jars and making something with noodles. It turns out these are really easy and surprisingly tasty. I had a boiled egg with mine, inspired by Wagamama’s tea stained egg.
There are very few measured ingredients in this, it is a throw it all in the pot kind of recipe.
- One packet of straight to wok noodles (rice noodles if making them gluten free)
- A couple of handfuls of stir fry veg, the bag I bought divided nicely into three but if you have more time you could chop the veggies of your choice
- 1 tsp of stock powder, such a Bouillon or part of a crumbled stock cube
- 1 tsp of miso paste
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 1-3 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- 1-2 tsp of soy sauce (or tamari if making it gluten free)
- Optional protein e.g. shredded chicken, a boiled egg, tofu etc
- A large jar
- Place the noodles into the jar, followed by the stock, spices and flavourings.
- Add the vegetables, pushing down to get as much as you can in there and top with your protein.
- Place the lid on the jar and keep it in the fridge until ready to use.
- When ready to eat fill with boiling water and place the lid on the jar. Leave it for a minute and then shake to mix all the flavours.
- Eat and enjoy. I won’t lie, I’m a menace when eating noodles but hopefully you’ll be more graceful than me.