I wanted to share this quickly before our train to beautiful Scotland for Christmas. Are you worried that you won’t be able to have your gingerbread latte in the new year? Don’t worry, make your own gingerbread syrup (and even better your own lattes so that you don’t spend all that money in well-known coffee chains). If making lattes then you’ll want a stove top, a milk frother and some finely ground coffee ( I am a big Pact coffee fan). Make your coffee, heat and froth your milk, then pour your syrup into your cup followed by the milk and coffee. BAM. Christmas in your mouth.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of molasses/treacle
- 1.25 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1.25 tsp of ground ginger
- 0.25 tsp of ground cloves
- a sprinkle of ground nutmeg and cardamom (optional)
- Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and stir continuously over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Leave to cool slightly then pour into a sterilised bottle.
You could use it for milkshakes, hot chocolates, on ice cream and, of course, in coffee.