Are you dreading sprouts tomorrow (why?! they might be my favourite thing about Christmas dinner, in fact we have a wreath made of paper sprouts) then I am here to save the day. I found this recipe on Nutrition Stripped a couple of years ago and have been using it regularly ever since. I’ve made a few tweaks over the years but it never lets me down. Excuse the picture, I was too desperate to eat them.
- 1 kg of brussel sprouts
- 1 cup of red grapes
- 0.25 cup of maple syrup
- 0.25 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp or more of pine nuts
- 1 tbsp of garlic infused olive oil (or olive oil and two cloves of minced garlic)
- 1.5 tbsp of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Place the sprouts and grapes into a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the syrup, vinegar and garlic oil.
- Pour over the sprouts and use a large spoon to make sure they are all coated.
- Sprinkle pine nuts and fresh thyme over them, followed by salt and pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until soft inside and browned outside.
- Serve with your dinner of choice this festive season.
Merry Christmas you lovely people!