I come from a family of foodies and given that I write a food blog you’d be right in assuming that I am one too. Are you a foodie surrounded by other foodies and stumped for gift ideas? Or, are you completely disinterested in food but know someone who’s entire life revolves around cooking and eating it? Then look no further, Christmas is sussed.
This tiered cake stand is utterly beautiful, available at Oliver Bonas, it is white marble and copper perfection, swoon.
These M&S cake tins are so eye catching and I adore the scalloped edges.
To kick start a series of gift guides for Christmas this year I thought I’d start with this one. We all have friends who we just don’t know what they want, or would like, or they like things that are different but that you’d never guess in a million years. Well, I am hoping this will go some way to help; here are my favourite internet finds that will hopefully inspire you to find your awkward friend the perfect Christmas gift.
For the introvert:
I love everything ever made by Stay At Home Club, the club that never meets but makes clothing and accessories for the reclusive and disgruntled. My favourite top is pictured above and I have more of their patches than I’d care to admit.
For the metal head:
I recently stumbled across these guys, Hallow Society, and my wish list is SO long, when pay day comes I will be placing a big order (although perhaps the pay day after Christmas). I love this sweater, it is a collaboration with Bloody Mary Metal (another site worth checking out for Christmas gifts). I also love that all of Hallow Society’s tee slogans are on the back, why does no one do this anymore?! I really struggle with slogans being on the front of tops (don’t ask why, I don’t even know) but I love them being on the back.
So, there’s a week to go. Are you struggling with ideas of what to get her this Valentine’s day? Here’s a few ideas that might spark even better ideas of your own! I’m very grateful for resources like Etsy when it comes to present buying, it means you can get far more personal gifts, that are usually hand made too.
- It’s February and it is cold, how about treating her to a beautiful scarf, one that she wouldn’t ordinarily go and buy herself, such as this beauty:
- Is she a lover of tea (and probably cake) and in dire need of a beautiful mismatched but complimentary set of 4 tea cups and saucers? Who isn’t?! There are so many gorgeous cup and saucer sets out there, has she mentioned any? Or perhaps anything else kitchen related? Maybe a cake stand?
- Is she a baker? How about this awesome customised rolling pin, so that everyone knows who made those gorgeous biscuits?
- How about some jewellery but something a little different. Etsy is a great place to look but there are some great websites out there that sell stunning jewellery, such as Regal Rose, Noctua (who have a great 3 for 2 offer on), Kate & Bee and The Great Frog London (depending on her likes and your budget). Here are some of my favourite finds:Great for those outdoorsy types is the moss terrarium ring above!
- Or perhaps jewellery that is a little more personal to the two of you, more symbolic of your relationship, such as this custom initial bracelet:
- On the subject of personal, Redbubble and Society 6 are great places to find thoughtful gifts. For example, below are two tote bags, one with a photograph of the road to my house in the country where I was born and grew up (I’ve since moved) and one with my favourite photograph that one of my favourite blogger‘s has taken. Both would be enormously thoughtful gifts and I am sure there are places, plants, animals, hobbies, bands, quotes or any other pictures/characters you can think of that she really loves, that are available on a tote bag, cushion cover, t-shirt, hoody, mug, clock, phone case or even just the print itself, out there.
- On the subject of prints, there are endless quirky, funny, inspiring, customisable prints out there, how about framing one for her. Something that really resonates with who she is, such as this one below, a subject I have strong feelings about:
- Does she ride a bike and have a love of cycling? How about this adorable bike planter, so she can take nature with her where ever she goes, even on those inner city bike rides!
- I know I mentioned tea cups already but mugs are a totally different thing. I LOVE an inspiring quote mug and couldn’t resist adding this to the list. There are loads of different quote mugs out there, perhaps she has a favourite quote or saying…
- And finally, I could never have a gift ideas list for her without some books on it (given I’m a huge book worm and cook book addict). Has she been longing for a cookbook in particular? There must be at least 100 cook books out there on my wish list, so here are a few below that she might enjoy too, if she’s that way inclined:
They don’t have to be cook books though. I think books are fantastic gifts, if she loves books there will be hundreds that she may have mentioned in passing (or been talking about non-stop).
I talked about alternative Valentine’s cards in my gift ideas for men post. Don’t forget, there is always the perfume, bathroom smellies or make up options too. I just wanted to share a few things that were a little different.