Happy Easter! I’ve been lacking on the seasonal recipe front but I have seen some delicious recipes around, like Jenn’s hot cross scones.
These babies are gluten free which is a bonus because I LOVE crispy chicken, whether it be breadcrumbs or other coatings. These are so simple and are made with store cupboard staples, the perfect lazy dinner option. If Cajun isn’t your thing you can swap for any spices you’d prefer.
Ingredients: (Serves 2-4)
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced on the diagonal into ‘nuggets’ or goujons about 5 mm thick
- 1/3 cup of gluten free flour (perhaps a bit more)
- 1.5 tsp of Cajun spices
- 1.5 tsp of paprika
- salt & pepper, to season
- 1 egg, beaten and in a bowl
- olive oil, for lightly frying
- Place you flour, spices and seasoning into a shallow dish or onto a plate and mix well.
- Coat each chicken piece in egg and then in the spiced flour mix, ensuring they are coated on all sides.
- Place the coated chicken pieces onto a plate.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, enough to lightly fry them and so that they don’t stick.
- Place them in the pan and fry until crispy on one side and then turn over and fry the other side until cooked all the way through.
- Once cooked, serve with sides and sauce of your choice!