I was at a friend’s one day, having a cuppa and catch up, when a TV chef whipped up this delicious risotto. By the time it had been cooked the talking had stopped and we were drooling at the TV screen. We decided to cook it that night for dinner and one of my favourite risottos came into being! I love this dish because it is so Halloweeny,;the purple of the rice from the wine and the bright green of the peas, it looks a little like a meal a child has drawn but it tastes very grown up,I promise! Unfortunately, I can’t remember the name of the chef or who’s recipe this was.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 240 g of arborio rice
- 200 g of cooking chorizo sausages, sliced
- 1 glass of red wine
- 1 cup of chicken/vegetable stock
- ~200 g of frozen peas (more or less, to personal taste)
- Salt, to season
- Hot water, to add bit by bit
- 1 tbsp of Parmesan
- In a frying pan, on a medium heat, cook the chorizo sausage until it begins to crisp. Remove the chorizo from the pan, put it into a small bowl and then pour the chorizo fat into a jug (it is a beautiful orange colour), set both aside. Do not pour the fat away!
- Heat the olive oil in the pan, on a medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion for a couple of minutes, then add the rice and coat with the oil. Add the red wine and the stock and bring to the boil. Take a note of the time, your risotto will be cooked in 20 minutes. Stir constantly, adding water every time it has been absorbed.
- After 15 minutes, add the peas and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the chorizo and season.
- A few minutes later, turn of the heat and stir in the Parmesan.
- Divide between 4 bowls and drizzle each with the chorizo fat.
- Serve and enjoy!