It is no secret that I love vegetables, and red cabbage is one of my favourite. My absolute favourite way of cooking red cabbage is Venetian cabbage soup but this is a fantastic festive red cabbage recipe, perfect for the Christmas dinner table. Christmas is really just around the corner and gosh, I am so excited! Christmas is just the the most amazing time of year and the food (and mulled wine) is one of the best parts of it. This recipe is from my new Christmas cook book.
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 red cabbage (~650 g), shredded (I’d recommend a spiralizer but a knife works just fine)
- 150 g of sultanas
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 100 ml of red wine
- 100 ml of water
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the cabbage and sultanas.
- Stir in the honey.
- Pour in the wine and water.
- Cover and reduce the heat and leave to simmer for at least 45 minutes, until the cabbage is cooked.
- Serve with the rest of your delicious festive dishes.